Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rose Otto Oil by SomaTherapy

Rosa damascena Mill. (Family, Rosaceae) - Bulgaria - Absolutely the finest Rose Essential Oil available in this country - none better - pure & undiluted. Warm, intense, immensely rich fragrance. One of the oldest and best known of all essential oils. Used in all types of perfumes to lend beauty and depth to the aroma. A drop or two in a massage, facial, or bath oil creates a luxurious, soothing experience. The oil is also used in skin creams, powders, and lotions. Romantic, creative, gently cheering oil. / Warning: Avoid using during the first four months of pregnancy. / Perfume Note=Middle / Source: flowers, Morocco and Turkey / Production method: steam distillation / Aromatherapy class: cooling, balancing, calming, toning / Aroma type: floral / Traditional use: astringent / Blends well with: floral oils, especially jasmine / Main constituents: Very complex with over 300 different chemical constituents but mainly Citronellol, geraniol, phenyl ethanol, nerol, stearopten. / Available in 5ml, 10ml, _oz, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, 8oz, 16oz, and 32oz.


Good with tequila, but no free shipping and HEED THEIR WARNINGS, March 21, 2010
By : Matthew B. Gifford

This review is from: Rose Otto Oil by SomaTherapy (Health and Beauty)
I'm new to the internet, and came across this Rose Otto oil while trying to find some oil for Otto, my bike mechanic. I happen to be a connoisseur of exotic mixed drinks, and this looked like it might go perfectly with a glass of my Tequila Ley .925 100% Blue Agave Tequila. Already having half a bottle of Diva vodka stewing in my empty stomach, I figured it was worth the trifling expense (just over $11,500 at time of review) to give it a shot. So, I ordered it and promptly blacked out.

When I came to and saw the confirmation email, I'll admit I was in a bit of a huff. $8.95 to ship a 32oz. bottle? Come ON. I had half a mind to sail the Hinckley to SomaTherapy's NC offices and give them a good what-ho about the head. Fortunately, my mistress dissuaded me - this product is fantastic!

I mixed it with the Blue Agave (1 shot Otto Oil, 2 shots tequila). The first sip was like angels sliding down my throat and licking me all the way down to my stomach. (The Tequila Ley .925 alone is sufficient to get the angel feeling, but they don't lick you until you mix in the Otto Oil.)

So why only 4 stars? Well, I decided to share this experience with my wife - pregnant with our 4th boy, Julius. I'm no fool, I know she can't have any liquor in her state (ie. being a woman), so I mixed the Rose Otto Oil with some cactus juice. 6 months later, Julius was born with a tail and a fine coat of fur. My fault, should have read the instructions. But the warning could have been bigger!

(Also, this should not be confused with OTTER OIL, which can be used to give luster to the otherwise dismal fur of, say, your son. When slathered on fur, Rose Otto Oil merely attracts coyotes.)